Do you want to know how to connect natural gas line to grill? Is it hard for you to do it all alone? Well, it might be complex for the newbie; therefore, hiring a professional is the best option for you. It might be dangerous for you to connect with the gas line, so make sure you do not attempt to do this without a professional’s help. You can better benefit from the licensed gas fitter or the contractor who can let you know in detail about installing or connecting the natural gas grill.
There are two ways with which you can power your grill. Hence, this includes natural gas and propane. Natural gas has various benefits as compared to gas propane. Some of them are:
- You will find natural gas to be cost-effective as compared to grill This will not just save your time but your money as well.
- Natural gas is quite a lot lighter than the air as compared to propane. It often rises, which can even prevent any dangerous buildup of gas from somehow occurring.
- Plus, it is often convenient to use as well. There is no need to look for the bulky propane tanks and even hook them up into the gas grill. Plus, there is no such need when you have to refill natural gas as you probably do in the grill Hence, this certainly makes it a reliable option to choose from.
- Besides, it is portable and easy to install.
Now without wasting any time, let’s get into the deeper discussion about the actual process to connect the natural gas line to the grill.There are many other tips about grilling are available at Grillsbeast.com
Important Things Required for Connecting Natural Gas Line to Grill
To successfully connect the natural gas line to the grill, there are few materials which you need to take into account. A few of them are discussed below:
- Pipe-joint sealant
- Dish soap
- Spray bottle
- Galvanized steel straps
- Quick connecting hose fittings
- Gas shutoff valves
- Pressure Gauge
- Drill and drill bits
- Pipe Wrench
- Rust-Oleum Rustproof Spray Paint
- Standard adjustable wrench
Step by Step Guide to Connect Natural Gas line to Grill
- First of all, you have to locate the gas meter.
- Next, you have to determine the capacity of the natural gas line which is running to your house by checking the gas meter. The gas meter must be having a CFH reading or cubic feet per hour. Now you have to take the CFH reading and then multiply it by 1000 to get the natural gas grill line’s approximate capacity. This capacity will often vary dramatically based on the pressure of the natural gas line.
- Now you have to determine what else you have to connect with the matter and how much of the BTUs are needed for each connection. All the home appliances in the house will require a certain amount of BTUs.
- Now choose the specific area of the house where you want to have the new gas line connected.
- Next, you have to close the gas line.
- Remove the top drip cap from the gas line.
- You have to calculate the shortest distance in which the pipe will run through the grill. Make sure you pick the suitable fittings.
- Now you have to apply the pipe joint compound for making connections. As you plan to attach the grill fittings and pipes, make sure you use the pipe joint compound to prevent leaks.
- Make use of a grill pipe wrench for tightening the gas pipe. You can also use a standard wrench.
- By using the threaded rod, you can smoothly support your grill pipe.Learn more about Atmos Energy | About Natural Gas
What is the approximate cost for hooking up the natural gas grill?
Installation of the natural gas line grill will require an approximate cost of around $200-$300. This cost will also require running the gas line to the grill and then smoothly hooking it up. The low-end gas grill installation process will cost around $200, whereas, for the high-end gas grill installations, the grill cost will be around $800.A lot of people use flat top grill but they do not clean it.Flat top grill should be cleaned after each session of using it.There are many guides are available on internet
Do you need a regulator to connect the natural gas grill?
To stay safe, you should always choose to invest in the regulator for natural gas grill. The majority of the Natural gas grill will require a pressure rating of the 4″ WC. As you start running the gas to various appliances such as the furnace, water heater, or gas grill, the pressure regulator will reduce PSI, with which the gas grill lines will stay intact.
Therefore, you must regulate the approximate gas pressure which is running or connect through the gas grill. Your country or city will supply gas grill natural gas at a specific pressure. If you do not know the pressure, then it would be better to consult the contractor.
How can you convert your propane stove into natural gas?
You should swap the small part inside your gas grill, known as the orifice. You can search the orifice by completely unscrewing the grill panel as well as burners. Through the orifice’s swap, you can easily convert the grill from propane to natural gas or natural gas to propane.
Major Mistakes to Avoid to Install Grill Gas Line Easily
As a newbie, it might be possible that you can make inevitable gas mistakes when you are installing the gas grill line. To let you know more about those mistakes, let’s have a discussion below:
Mistake No 1: Going Too Much Over Budget
As you plan for the gas grill, make sure you stay within your budget. Compared with the charcoal grill, a gas line system will add additional parts, gas installation, and equipment. As you start using the gas pipe line grill, you will notice a slight increase in your gas bill to use it frequently. But there is no need to buy any extra propane or charcoal. By keeping into consideration all the gas grill expenses, you should stay within your budget.You can also try Buffalo Wild Wings if you want one of the best Buffalo wings.
Mistake No 2: Incorrect Set of Grill Positioning
As you choose the new grill pipe, make sure that it is in flow with the backyard. But it would help if you were considering the location of the gas line and the rest of the concerns. For safety concerns, you have to make sure that the grill is located at a suitable gas distance away from the exterior side of the home. Requirements of the gas line will vary accordingly and needs to be reviewed carefully.
You should install the pipe lines properly to work efficiently and safely. Hiring a professional will help you to review the distance and the pipe line dimensions.
Mistake No 3: Ignoring the Permit Requirements
In a few of the areas, homeowners should have a permit for installing the gas pipe liners. In case you skip this point, then it might end up with fines or project delays. You should also be scheduling your inspection so you can be sure of the fact that the installation has been done safely.
So this was a quick guide about how you can easily connect the natural gas pipe line to the grill! There are no rules to imply because the whole process of joining the natural gas pipe line is relatively straightforward. But make sure you hire a gas professional to escape yourself from any hurdles or future pipe problems.